Strawberry-Lemon Shortcake Parfaits
Write a review
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits,* baked according to package directions and halved horizontally
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, ¹⁄³ cup sugar, and lemon zest and juice. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In individual serving dishes, layer biscuit bottoms, strawberries, whipped cream, biscuit tops, and more strawberries and whipped cream.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/