Whether you’re craving something sweet or need to beat the heat, this Strawberry Chiffon Icebox Pie will hit the spot.
Strawberry Chiffon Icebox Pie
Serves: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whipped topping and fresh strawberries, to serve
- In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, melted butter, and salt. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Using a potato masher, crush berries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons hot water and gelatin until smooth. Whisk gelatin mixture into strawberry mixture. Refrigerate until partially set, about 20 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture; spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Serve with whipped topping and strawberries.