Start your morning with this satisfyingly sweet casserole.
Strawberry Biscuit Casserole
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated flaky biscuits,* separated and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half of biscuits in prepared pan; pour half of strawberry mixture over biscuits. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and biscuits are cooked through, 50 to 55 minutes, loosely covering with foil during final 25 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning. Serve warm.
*We used Pillsbury Grands! Original Flaky Layers.