Strawberries and Cream Parfaits
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 3/4 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 3/4 cups sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup strawberries and sour cream. Divide mixture between prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, stir together remaining 4 cups strawberries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut 1 loaf of cake into 1-inch pieces.
- In individual serving dishes, layer cake pieces, strawberries, and whipped topping as desired.
- Since this recipe yields two loaf cakes and you only need one for the parfaits, wrap the other loaf in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/