Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package pasteurized cheese product, cubed*
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package cavatappi pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cubed cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, parsley, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked pasta, stirring gently to combine. Garnish with bacon, if desired.
- *We used Velveeta.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/