This easy steamed asparagus recipe is perfect for a spring get-together with family and friends.
Steamed Asparagus with Mustard-Tarragon Sauce
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 (1-pound) bunches asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup water
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in cream and mustard. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in tarragon.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus and ¼ cup water in a microwave-safe 11x7-inch baking dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Serve cream sauce over asparagus.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!