Steak Tostadas with Tangerine Salsa
Makes 5 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup diced peeled tangerines
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 10 tostadas*
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- For salsa: In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For tostadas: In a grill pan, heat oil over high heat.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain.
- Divide steak, avocado, and salsa among tostadas, and garnish with cilantro and lime, if desired.
- *We used Mission Tostadas.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/