A delicious mixture of mango, radishes, and fresh cilantro gives these steak tacos an extra burst of flavor.
Steak Tacos with Mango Radish Salsa
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds flatiron steak
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package corn tortillas, heated
- 1 (10-ounce) package angel hair coleslaw
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with Mexican seasoning, and cook for 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board, and let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice steak across the grain.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mango and next 3 ingredients. Serve steak in warm tortillas topped with slaw, avocado, and mango mixture.
Kitchen Tip: Flatiron steak is a tender cut of beef from the shoulder. It’s also known as top blade or shoulder top blade steak.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!