This sauce is great on steak, pork, and even burgers! It’s easier to serve this thick sauce from a jar than a bottle.
Makes 7 ¾ cups
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet onion
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 (12-ounce) bottles chili sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, and celery seeds, and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- In a bowl, stir together Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch until smooth. Add Worcestershire sauce mixture, chili sauce, and next 4 ingredients to onion mixture, stirring until combined. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle sauce into jars, and refrigerate until ready to serve or up to 1 week.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/