This filling and delicious Steak and Blue Cheese Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 cups lightly packed torn romaine lettuce
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 2 cups quartered small tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add steak to skillet, and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to cutting board, and let stand for 15 minutes; thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce, spinach, and tomatoes on a large serving platter, and top with steak, onion, and remaining ½ cup blue cheese. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!