This tasty Squash, Zucchini, and Tomato Casserole is perfect for spring and summer menus.
Squash, Zucchini, and Tomato Casserole
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 6 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 (8-ounce) package extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3½-quart oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, zucchini, oil, salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. In a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. Spread half of bread crumb mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Arrange squash, zucchini, and tomatoes in a spiral pattern over bread crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture on top of vegetables, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and bread crumbs are golden brown.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!