Enjoy the comforting taste of this Squash Dressing at your next family gathering. It is a bold and tasty mixture of buttermilk cornbread, yellow squash, zucchini, baby portobello mushrooms, leeks, and celery.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 (6-ounce) packages buttermilk cornbread mix
- 5 medium yellow squash, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1½ cups chopped leek
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake cornbread, using fat-free milk, according to package directions. Let cool, and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring squash, next 4 ingredients, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until squash is very tender. Drain mixture well; add to crumbled cornbread along with soup and all remaining ingredients, stirring just until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!