This Spring Salad is full of flavor from baby carrots, roasted pistachios, Bibb lettuce, and an easy-to-make dressing.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) package rainbow baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup roasted salted pistachios
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest and juice, dill, mint, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Divide lettuce, carrots, and pistachios among serving plates; drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!