Add this scrumptious Spiral Ham with Maple-Blackberry Glaze to your Easter Sunday menu. It’s easy to make and everyone will come back for a second helping of this tasty main.
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 1½ tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 (8- to 9½-pound) fully cooked bone-in spiral ham
- Garnish: blackberries, orange slices
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. In a saucepan, whisk together maple syrup, preserves, mustard, orange zest, and orange juice. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until preserves melt. Remove from heat.
- Place ham, cut side down, on prepared pan, and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and brush glaze over ham. Bake for 30 minutes longer, basting every 10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with blackberries and orange slices, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!