Add this scrumptious Spiral Ham with Maple-Blackberry Glaze to your Easter Sunday menu. It’s easy to make and everyone will come back for a second helping of this tasty main.
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 1½ tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 (8- to 9½-pound) fully cooked bone-in spiral ham
- Garnish: blackberries, orange slices
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan, whisk together maple syrup, preserves, mustard, orange zest, and orange juice. Cook, whisking occasionally, over medium-low heat until preserves melt, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place ham, cut side down, on prepared pan, and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and brush glaze over ham. Bake, basting every 10 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of ham registers 140°, about 30 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with blackberries and orange slices, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!