It’s a bit unusual to see beans paired with pasta, but they make a hearty combo in this Spinach and White Bean Pasta Salad.
Spinach and White Bean Pasta Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (16-ounce) box whole wheat penne, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pan, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- To drippings, add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, toss together onion mixture, spinach, beans, penne, and lemon zest. Top with bacon, and serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!