Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 large yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Brush cut sides of squash with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place squash cut side down on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just tender. Let squash cool enough to handle. Reduce oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Scrape pulp of all squash into skillet, leaving a 1/2-inch shell on all squash. Stir in spinach, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, and stir in stuffing mix, cheese, sour cream, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon mixture into squash shells, and return to pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly; serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!