Spicy-Sweet Smoked Boston Butt
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- Hickory wood chips, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (7-pound) Boston butt pork roast
- Preheat a smoker to 225˚ to 250˚. Sprinkle soaked hickory chips over coals. Place a drip pan under smoker rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard and next 7 ingredients; rub mixture all over pork. Place pork on smoker rack over drip pan.
- Cook, covered with lid, for 7 to 10 hours, turning occasionally, or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 190˚. Remove from heat, and let stand for 30 minutes. Shred pork, discarding fat and bone.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/