There’s nothing better than searing a catfish fillet in butter and serving it with a dollop of this tomato jam for a quick weeknight dinner.
Spicy Refrigerator Tomato Jam
Makes 4 Cups
Write a review
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pint-size canning jars, lids, and bands
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise, and place in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Bake tomatoes for 30 minutes or until softened. Cool. Remove and discard tomato skins.
- In a Dutch oven, combine tomatoes and sugar, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Boil for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice, basil, and chile pepper.
- Sterilize jars, lids, and bands just before using for 10 minutes in simmering water or in the dishwasher. Remove one at a time when ready to fill.
- While tomato mixture is still hot, ladle into jars, filling to within ¼ inch of the rims. Wipe rims with a clean, damp cloth, and seal jars with lids and bands. Cool completely. Store jam in refrigerator for up to one month.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/