Spiced Apple Spritzers are a refreshing beverage composed of apple juice, cinnamon, cloves, all spice, and brown sugar.
Spiced Apple Spritzers
Makes about 10 cups
Write a review
- 1 (59-ounce) container refrigerated apple juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 7 cinnamon sticks
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles chilled prosecco*
- Garnish: green apple slices, cinnamon sticks
- In a medium saucepan, combine juice and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until reduced by half. Cool slightly. Into a bowl, pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding spices. Cover and chill until cold.
- Combine cider mixture and prosecco in a large pitcher. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
- *We used Simply Apple. Club Soda may be substituted for prosecco.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/