These Spice Cake Pops are adorable when packaged as individual party favors.
Spice Cake Pops
Makes about 48
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 11/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix, baked according to package directions and cooled completely
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 1 (24-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted according to package directions
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in apple butter until smooth. Crumble cooled cake into cream cheese mixture, and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Roll cake mixture into 1½-inch balls, and place on prepared pan. Insert a lollipop stick into center of each ball. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Holding lollipop stick, dip each ball into melted candy coating, letting excess drip off. Return to pan, and sprinkle with nuts. Let stand until coating hardens completely. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Baking Tip: Sprinkle each ball with nuts as soon as the excess candy coating drips off because the coating sets quickly, preventing the nuts from sticking.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!