Serve these easy-to-make Southwest Pork Chops with your favorite pasta salad.
Southwest Pork Chops
Southwest Pork Chops Makes 4 servings
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander, and all pepper. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle spice mixture all over pork chops.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°, 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!