These Smoky Cheese-Bacon Loaves are a mesmerizing mix of bacon, Vidalia onions, white Cheddar cheese, and Gouda cheese.Recipe Card
Smoky Cheese-Bacon Loaves
Makes 6 (6-inch) Loaves
Write a review
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded smoked white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium skillet, melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 (6x3-inch) loaf pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add cheeses, stirring to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, sour cream, melted butter, and eggs. Add to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are combined. Stir in bacon and caramelized onions. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!