These barbecue burgers combine the best of both foods. Serve this tasty burger with your favorite chips or side dish.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¾ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package tricolor coleslaw mix
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns, halved and toasted
- Dill pickle slices
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; stir in coleslaw until well combined. Cover and refrigerate.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- In a large bowl, stir together ground chuck, ground pork, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, and next 3 ingredients. Divide mixture into 6 portions, and shape each portion into a 5-inch patty.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce onto bottom half of buns, and top each with patty, coleslaw mixture, pickles, and bun top. Serve immediately.
If you like this, here are more bbq grill recipes from the Deen Brothers.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!