This Smoked Sausage and Egg Pizza recipe will excite the whole family–morning, noon, or night!
Smoked Sausage and Egg Pizza
Makes 1 (12-inch) pizza
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- ½ pound smoked sausage, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed according to package directions
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or fontina cheese
- ⅓ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 475°. Position oven rack in lowest level of oven. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove sausage using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in skillet.
- Add eggs to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are set. Remove from heat, and break into small curds.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer dough to prepared pan; prick dough all over with a fork.
- Bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven; top with sausage, eggs, spinach, and cheeses. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheeses are melted, about 12 minutes more. Sprinkle with tomatoes just before serving.
Kitchen Tip: You’ll find frozen pizza dough in the deli section of major grocery stores. You can also use a prepared baked pizza crust such as Boboli or refrigerated canned pizza dough. Top and bake refrigerated dough according to package directions.