Parsnips and rutabagas add a hefty dose of nutrition to smashed potatoes.
Smashed Potatoes, Parsnips, and Rutabagas
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 8 cups chopped red potato
- 4 cups chopped parsnip
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large Dutch oven, combine potato, parsnip, rutabaga, onion, and 1 teaspoon salt; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Add remaining salt, cream cheese, and butter, stirring until potatoes are coarsely mashed and butter is melted.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!