Smashed Pea Crostini
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Shaved ricotta salata cheese
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, next 3 ingredients, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Using a potato masher, mash mixture until peas are coarsely crushed.
- Spread pea mixture on bread slices, and top with cheese and radish.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/