Serve this comforting home-cooked Swiss steak with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
Slow-Cooker Swiss Steak
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1½ pounds round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 (0.87-ounce) package brown gravy mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine steak, mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, ½ cup water, gravy mix, salt, and pepper. Pour over steak mixture. Cover and cook on low until steak is tender, 8 to 10 hours.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!