Slow-Cooker Boston Baked Beans
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried navy beans, sorted, rinsed, and soaked in water to cover for 8 hours
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon powdered mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package bacon, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Transfer beans in soaking water to a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour. Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, stir together beans, onion, and next 6 ingredients; top with bacon pieces. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook for 8 hours or until beans are tender, adding reserved bean liquid as necessary if mixture dries out.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/