Brisket in a sauce of beer, tomato, and vegetables cooks together low and slow in a slow cooker.
Slow-Cooker Beer Brisket
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2½- to 3-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle pale ale
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper onto beef; cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, stir together ale and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in onion and remaining 3 ingredients; place beef on top of onion mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until fork-tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker, and slice across the grain. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!