This Skillet Chicken, Peas, and Greens dish is a convenient and delicious meal to enjoy during busy week nights.
Skillet Chicken, Peas, and Greens
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh lady peas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add peas and broth to skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 7 minutes. Uncover and return chicken to skillet. Cook until broth has evaporated and chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add arugula to skillet in batches, stirring until wilted. Stir in tomatoes and garlic salt, and cook until heated through. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!