This simple fruit salad is the perfect addition to a brunch or a picnic. With a hint of citrus juice and mint, the flavors of the fruit meld together just right.
Simple Fruit Salad
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped honeydew
- 3 cups red grapes, halved
- 3 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together all fruit and orange syrup. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/