This Shrimp and Watermelon Salad with Pickled Red Onion is topped with yummy Buttermilk Dressing.
Shrimp and Watermelon Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ pounds large fresh shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- Buttermilk Dressing (recipe follows)
- In a large nonreactive bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved. Stir in 1 cup water and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Drain onion mixture well, and stir in shrimp, watermelon, cucumber, and radishes. Serve immediately with Buttermilk Dressing.
Makes 1 cup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!