Sweet shrimp salad gets stuffed into steamed fresh artichokes.
Shrimp Salad-Stuffed Artichokes
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked, and chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 4 large fresh artichokes
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients; stir in shrimp, celery, and green onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Trim artichoke stems, and remove layer of leaves. Cut off tip of artichoke leaves, and cut ½ inch off top of artichokes.
- To a Dutch oven, add water to a depth of 1 inch, and place a steamer basket in pot. Stand artichokes upright in basket, and bring water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until stem ends can be easily pierced with a knife. Remove artichokes, and turn artichokes upside down to drain.
- Spread outer artichoke leaves slightly; discard center petals covering fuzzy choke. Scrape out choke from artichokes using a grapefruit spoon or teaspoon. Spoon shrimp mixture into center of artichokes. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/