Shrimp and Sausage Boil
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 7 quarts water
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer
- ½ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 (3-pound) bags small red potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 (16-ounce) packages hickory-smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 ears fresh corn, shucked and halved crosswise
- 4 pounds large fresh shrimp, unpeeled*
- Garnish: Old Bay seasoning, lemon wedges
- In a large stockpot, combine 7 quarts water, beer, and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes; return mixture to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes. Add sausage and corn; return mixture to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Drain mixture immediately. Garnish with Old Bay and lemon, if desired.
- *We used 21- to 25-count shrimp, meaning that 21 to 25 shrimp comprise 1 pound.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/