These delicious Shrimp Po’ Boy Bruschetta are the perfect appetizer for Mardi Gras festivities.
Shrimp Po' Boy Bruschetta
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 15 (¼-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with Creole seasoning, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or just until pink.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; spread onto bread slices. Top with arugula and shrimp. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!