Shrimp and Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad
Write a review
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 5 (1-ounce) packages fresh basil, stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, stemmed
- 1¼ cups olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1½ pounds medium fresh shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Garnish: fresh basil
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together Parmesan and pine nuts until a coarse paste forms. Add half of basil, parsley, and ½ cup olive oil, pulsing until finely chopped. Add remaining basil and ¾ cup olive oil, pulsing until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, stir together basil mixture, pasta, and next 4 ingredients. Garnish with basil, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/