Enjoy this tasty Shrimp, Bacon, and Pea Fettuccine with a side salad and buttery garlic bread.
Shrimp, Bacon, and Pea Fettuccine
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1½ pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 (15-ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ (16-ounce) box fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Sprinkle shrimp with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until pink and firm, about 4 minutes. Add peas; cook over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Stir in alfredo sauce, half-and-half, and parsley, and bring to a low boil. Add fettuccine and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and teaspoon pepper, tossing to combine. Top with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Add a tablespoon or two of water or milk to any leftovers when reheating for a smooth, creamy sauce.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!