This Shrimp, Asparagus, and Sugar Snap Pea Salad is a healthy and delicious meal.
Shrimp, Asparagus, and Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 2½ cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced fresh asparagus
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 medium yellow squash
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat; add peas and asparagus. When water returns to a boil, immediately drain, and transfer to an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to skillet, and cook until pink and firm, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave squash into ribbons, stopping at squash seeds. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add asparagus mixture, shrimp, squash, and green onion, tossing to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!