Yummy sweet potato and fresh shrimp served over noodles is a family-friendly entrée that comes together in a flash.
Shrimp and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- Hot cooked fettuccine or lo mein noodles
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped roasted peanuts
- In a medium saucepan, bring sweet potato, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover by 2 inches to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook just until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring frequently, until pink and firm, about 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, chipotle chile pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook for 1 minute. Add sweet potato and teriyaki mixture; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in pineapple; cook for 1 minute. Serve over noodles. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts, if desired.