These classic Shrimp and Grits are simply delicious.
Shrimp and Grits
Write a review
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow grits
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups water and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Gradually add grits, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for 20 to 25 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Cook garlic and half of green onions in hot drippings over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until garlic is translucent. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Serve shrimp mixture over grits. Garnish with remaining green onions and crumbled bacon.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!