Two favorite Southern foods come together for a quick meal anytime in this Shrimp and Creamy Cheddar Grits recipe.
Shrimp and Creamy Cheddar Grits
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For shrimp: In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Add peppers, garlic, and Creole seasoning; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and chives.
- Meanwhile, for grits: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, broth, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-hight heat. Slowly whisk in grits, and cover. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and pepper until melted. Serve shrimp mixture over grits.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/