These Shortbread Brownie Bites pair perfectly with a glass of cold milk.
Shortbread Brownie Bites
Makes about 2 dozen brownies
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup butter
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare brownies: In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chopped chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs at medium-high speed with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Add butter mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spoon batter over prepared crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center of brownie is set. Let cool completely before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!