Shortbread Blondie Bars
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (11.5-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For batter: In a medium saucepan, cook butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and smooth. Spoon mixture into a large bowl, and whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring just until combined; stir in chocolate chunks. Pour batter over prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/