Butter, shallots, and fresh dill add plenty of flavor to these Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Leeks.
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Leeks
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound sugar snaps peas, trimmed
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a large, deep skillet, bring peas, 2 teaspoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 3 minutes; drain well.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leek and shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in peas, and cook until heated through. Stir in dill and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; serve warm.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!