Sliced baby portobello mushrooms, fresh broccolini, and shallots sautéed in a butter and white wine sauce make a delicious side dish.
Sautéed Broccolini and Mushrooms
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 bunches fresh Broccolini, trimmed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- In a very large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown. Add Broccolini; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until Broccolini is crisp-tender. Uncover, stir in vinegar, and cook for 2 minutes.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!