Paired with simple roasted tomatoes, this sausage-stuffed zucchini makes a quick and satisfying weeknight supper.
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and herbs spreadable cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon, scrape out seeds and flesh of zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick border; place on prepared pan.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic; cook until sausage is browned and crumbly. Remove from heat, and drain well.
- In skillet, stir together sausage mixture, cheese spread, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spoon sausage mixture into zucchini halves; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until zucchini are tender, about 20 minutes.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/