Make Paula Deen’s Southern spin on dressing with this easy sausage and pecan version.
Sausage and Pecan Dressing
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound ground sage pork sausage
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 2 cups chopped celery
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage
- 12 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter, and add leeks and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender. Add pecans and sage, and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together vegetable mixture, sausage, bread, and all remaining ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until golden brown.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!