This Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup is perfect for warming up in the winter.
Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup
Makes about 3 quarts
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (49.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch fresh kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, for 7 to 9 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add onion, celery, and carrot to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just soft. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in sausage, broth, and all remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!