A rich Salted Caramel sauce and creamy pumpkin combine in this heavenly cheesecake that is perfect for fall.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake
Serves: 1 (9-inch) cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin
- Sweetened whipped cream, to serve
- For caramel: In a large skillet, cook granulated sugar, ¼ cup water, and corn syrup over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is honey-colored. Remove from heat, and whisk in cream until mixture is smooth. Whisk in butter and sea salt until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together crushed gingersnaps, pecans, and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap bottom and sides of pan with heavy-duty foil. Leave oven on.
- For filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars, flour, and pie spice with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in pumpkin and ½ cup cooled caramel, reserving remaining caramel for garnish. Pour batter into prepared crust. Place springform pan in a roasting pan, and pour boiling water in roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until cheesecake barely jiggles in center when gently shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Transfer springform pan to a wire rack, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream and remaining caramel.